At New York Medical And Vascular Care, our dedication to comprehensive healthcare is underscored by our advanced screening services. Among our forefront screenings is the ABI (Ankle-Brachial Index) test – a non-invasive tool vital for diagnosing Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD). Let’s delve deeper into the significance of the ABI screening tool and what you can expect when you visit our center for this test.
Understanding PAD and the Role of ABI:
Peripheral Arterial Disease is a condition where narrowed arteries reduce blood flow to the limbs. An early diagnosis can help prevent severe complications. The ABI test, which compares the blood pressure in your ankle to the blood pressure in your arm, is a leading diagnostic tool for PAD.
Why Choose New York Medical And Vascular Care for ABI Screening:
- Specialized Care: Our seasoned vascular team possesses vast expertise in conducting ABI tests, ensuring accurate results and unparalleled patient care.
- State-of-the-Art Equipment: We use cutting-edge devices to ensure precise measurements, offering you reliable results.
- Patient Education: Beyond just testing, our team is committed to informing and educating our patients about PAD, its implications, and subsequent treatment or lifestyle changes.
What to Expect During Your ABI Test:
- Comfort First: The test is painless and non-invasive. You’ll be resting comfortably while our technicians place blood pressure cuffs on both your arms and ankles.
- Quick Results: The entire procedure typically takes about 15-30 minutes, with results interpreted by our vascular specialists.
- Discussion & Next Steps: Post-test, our team will discuss the results, providing insights and recommendations. If your ABI score indicates PAD, further diagnostic tests or treatments may be suggested.
Who Should Consider ABI Screening?
If you have risk factors for PAD, such as smoking, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or a family history of vascular diseases, an ABI test can be crucial. Early detection can lead to timely interventions, preventing potential complications like limb loss or cardiovascular events.
New York Medical And Vascular Care stands at the forefront of vascular health, offering the ABI screening tool to detect and manage Peripheral Arterial Disease. Our commitment is to provide patients with accurate, early diagnoses and comprehensive care plans tailored to individual needs.
Trust in New York Medical And Vascular Care’s expertise to guide you through your vascular health journey. Schedule your ABI screening with us today and take a proactive step towards safeguarding your health.